Susan G. Komen Memphis-Mid-South Mississippi will hold its Annual Race for the Cure in downtown Memphis on Oct. 26.

The race, which aids the fight against breast cancer, will begin at 9 a.m. at AutoZone Park, 198 Union Ave.

Funds raised by the annual race are dedicated to providing local breast cancer health care, education, and support programs for area women and men who are underserved, uninsured or underinsured, as well as helping to fund ground-breaking research.

“The Race for the Cure is not what we do, but how we do it. We are thankful for the friends, family and companies who fight alongside us, helping to reduce the number of breast cancer deaths in Tennessee and Mississippi, ensuring that anyone, of any age, any gender, whether uninsured, underinsured or insured with high deductibles receives the quality breast health care they need when they need it,” said Elaine Hare, CEO.

Susan G. Komen Memphis-Mid-South Mississippi has announced $405,351 in new community grants for 2019. The awards help meet the most critical needs of the community.

Of the funds raised, 75 percent remain in local communities and the remaining 25 percent is dedicated to breast cancer research.

The organization has expanded its reach in Mississippi to serve women and men across the entire state.

Register, donate or form a team for the local Race for the Cure® at www.komenmemphis.org

Schedules

  • Occurred Saturday, October 26th, 2019 @ 7:45 am

Venue

Autozone Park

198 Union Ave.
Memphis, 38103

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.